Space Center Houston's Learning Innovation Center is among the nation’s leading science-education resources. Our programs are based on national science standards and focus on science, technology, engineering and math to help adults and children think critically, learn about the past, present and future of America’s space flight program and build a greater understanding of the world. The children we teach and inspire today could be among the first humans to walk on Mars. Discover and explore our many educational programs, events and exhibits below.
Space Center U®
Ever dreamed of being an astronaut? Have you wondered what it takes to travel and live on Mars? Do you want to engineer your own robotic rover and launch a rocket? Come behind the scenes with Space Center U, the ultimate educational experience, and get a taste of space exploration!
Park your tent beneath the wing of a historic Shuttle Carrier Aircraft and spend a night under the stars in our Family Campout programs. In our Scout Camp-ins, Girl and Boy Scouts spend a night at Space Center Houston and discover one-of-a-kind space artifacts. Explore science, technology, engineering and math through hands-on learning and challenging activities designed to build STEM skills.
Stars & STEM
Stars & STEM is designed for students in kindergarten through 12th grade who want to learn outside the classroom while experiencing the wonders of space exploration. We provide engaging STEM activities developed to match each grade level’s standards so students are challenged, inspired and eager to explore STEM concepts when they return to school.
Space Center Houston offers a variety of age-appropriate, educational camp experiences. Your child will engage in STEM activities while learning about space exploration. Campers participate in innovative robotics challenges, take part in space-themed interactive experiences and explore all that Space Center Houston has to offer!
Our goal is to empower teachers to build leadership competencies by providing them with innovative space science and STEM development opportunities. These experiences may then be brought back to their students, schools and communities. Our programs accommodate both formal and informal educators grades K-12+.
Inspire your students with an experience they will never forget. With more than 400 things to see and do, students can learn while experiencing real science, math and technology, including the interactive Mission Mars exhibit, the international landmark Independence Plaza, multiple flown spacecraft, a real Moon rock your students can touch, live presentations and so much more!
Presented by BHP
Make a contribution to research, increase your scientific understanding and immerse yourself in science, technology, engineering and math with our Innovation Gateway community science initiative.
- Sept. 20 – Daytime Stars & STEM
- Sept. 21 – Scouts BSA Camp-In
- Sept. 25 – Evening Stars & STEM
- Sept. 26 – Evening Stars & STEM
- Sept. 27 – Daytime Stars & STEM
- Sept. 28 – Webelos Scouts Camp-In
- Sept. 28 – Accessibility Explorer Camp
- Oct. 2 – Evening Stars & STEM
- Oct. 3 – Evening Stars & STEM
- Oct. 5 – FIRST LEGO League Camp-In
- Oct. 9 – Evening Stars & STEM
- Oct. 10 – Evening Stars & STEM
- Oct. 10 – Overnight Stars & STEM
- Oct. 11 – Daytime Stars & STEM
- Oct. 12 – Explorer Camp
- Oct. 12 – Girl Scouts Juniors Camp-In
- Oct. 15 – Home School Day
- Oct. 16 – Evening Stars & STEM
- Oct. 17 – Evening Stars & STEM
- Oct. 19 – Sensory Friendly Event
- Oct. 19 – Webelos Scouts Camp-In
- Oct. 23 – Evening Stars & STEM
- Oct. 24 – Evening Stars & STEM
- Oct. 25 – Daytime Stars & STEM
- Oct. 26 – Family Campout
- Oct. 26 – Explorer Camp
- Oct. 30 – Evening Stars & STEM
- Nov. 1 – Daytime Stars & STEM
- Nov. 2 – FIRST LEGO League Camp-In
- Nov. 6 – Evening Stars & STEM
- Nov. 7 – Evening Stars & STEM
- Nov. 8 – Daytime Stars & STEM
- Nov. 9 – Wolf & Bear Scouts Camp-In
- Nov. 13 – Evening Stars & STEM
- Nov. 14 – Evening Stars & STEM
- Nov. 16 – Cub Scouts Pack Camp-In
- Nov. 21 – Evening Stars & STEM
- Nov. 22 – Daytime Stars & STEM
- Nov. 23 – Scouts BSA Camp-In
- Nov. 23 – Explorer Camp
- Nov. 25-27 – Fall Explorer Camps
- Nov. 30 – Explorer Camp
- Dec. 4 – Evening Stars & STEM
- Dec. 11 – Evening Stars & STEM
- Dec. 18 – Evening Stars & STEM
- Dec. 19 – Evening Stars & STEM
Girls STEM Academy, presented by Phillips 66 with support from Boeing
Space Center Houston created Girls STEM Academy to increase middle school girls’ interest in STEM fields and careers. Participants engage in innovative and creative applications of science content. They solve problems, build confidence, experiment with engineering challenges and learn about robotics, coding and technology through hands-on activities and NASA speakers. Thanks to support from Boeing, 240 girls were able to experience the excitement of STEM learning.
Get email updates about our programs, exhibits, special offers and more!