Stars & STEM
Stars & STEM is a daytime, evening or overnight immersive STEM program designed for students who want to experience the wonders of space exploration through STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics).
We provide engaging, hands-on activities developed to match grade level standards and badge requirements so students are challenged, inspired and eager to explore STEM concepts.
Stars & STEM forms
- Stars & STEM evening registration form
- Stars & STEM overnight registration form
- T-Shirt Order Form
- Stars & STEM Fact Sheet
- Medical Release Form
Program enhancement options
Tours and experiences
Stars & STEM T-shirts come in adult sizes (small, medium, large, X-large, XX-large). All sizes are $15. After you register for your visit, you will be sent an order form with your initial confirmation or you can download the form here (pdf). The T-shirt form can be mailed or you can bring the form the night of your Stars & STEM reservation. Payment may be a school check, credit card or cash. You will receive your shirts during the Stars & STEM event.
Patches are $7 and can only be purchased the night of the event with cash or credit card. Patches will be made available for purchase only during the evening of the event.
If you have more questions about the program, contact our education coordinator at email@example.com or call +1 281-244-2131.
Frequently asked questions about Stars & STEM
- Back packs, duffle bags or small roller suitcases “carry-on” size luggage is ideal.
- Sleeping bag and sleeping pad (sleeping pad goes under your sleeping bag) Sleeping pads are highly recommended as we do not allow air mattresses and the floor is carpeted, but still hard.
- Pillows and extra blankets as the air conditioning does get cold, even in summer, so it is always a good idea to bring an extra blanket.
- Basic toiletries such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, and hair brushes are ideal and wet wipes are a great way to freshen up since we do not have showers.
- Clothing should be comfortable. Casual clothes and good walking shoes are recommended. Remember to bring a jacket or sweater no matter what time of year you are coming.
- Charging banks are a great idea and allow you to charge your device without an outlet. There are some outlets available in the sleeping area as well as charging stations around the center but you are not guaranteed a sleeping location near an outlet.
- Money for gift shop.
- Food/snacks if you have food allergies or are unable to partake in the provided meals, you may bring your own. However, NO food or drinks can be consumed in sleeping areas.
- Medical forms for every scout and adult are required to be brought to the Overnight Program. The adult chaperone should have them readily available if needed for an emergency.
- Air mattresses and cots, the only exception to this rule is if you or someone in your party has a medical condition. If you did not already request to bring one in the comments section of your registration, please email Reservations or the Program Coordinator.
- Glow sticks (flash lights and phone lights are ok)
- Electrical hair appliances (blow dryers, straighteners, curling irons etc.)
- Only registered scouts and their leaders/chaperones attend the Overnight Program. Chaperones are not permitted to bring any children who are not registered or who do not meet the designated age level or gender requirements for the Overnight Program. Adding Additional Scouts or Adults to Your Reservation? If you need to add more scouts or adults to your reservation, please call Reservations at +1 281-283-4755.
- If you have a medical condition that does not allow you to sleep on the floor and you need to bring an air mattress or cot, please let us know as soon as possible before the camp so that we can accommodate you.
- If you need to bring a CPAP machine, let us know so that we can place you near an outlet.
- If you have any allergies to food, you can view the current menu and list of ingredients that will be offered during the Overnight Program, on our website at any time. If you need to bring your own food, you may do so.
- Our Instructors and staff will not administer any medication to anyone. If a child is bringing prescription medicine that needs to be taken during the event, then either their parent/guardian or adult chaperone must administer it to them.
- We do have a first aid kit with very basic supplies for minor injuries or illnesses. The Security department also has a fully equipped first aid kit.
- The troop/pack leader needs to have all of the medical forms for every student and parent readily available in case of an emergency.
- Cancellations to your reservations may be made up until 6 weeks before the date of your event.
- Refunds will only be given up until 6 weeks before the date of your event.
- If your camp is less than 6 weeks away and you are not able to attend, you can reschedule individuals or your entire group and apply your ticket(s) to another Stars & STEM event.
- If Space Center Houston cancels your camp due to bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances, we will either refund you or you can apply your tickets to another Stars & STEM date.
- Rescheduling your event date can be done by calling Reservations at +1 281-283-4755. Please note that all dates are subject to availability.
What NOT to bring? Please keep in mind that you will be sleeping with other troops and packs and we ask that you show the same courtesy and respect to them that you would like them to show you. Think of it as an indoor-camping trip and the camp site, just like in the forest, has a few rules so that everyone has a safe and enjoyable time.
Cancellation and Refund Policies