APOLLO: WHEN WE WENT TO THE MOON
New exhibit open now - May 2Included in general admission
Experience the Apollo era through the eyes of the engineers and astronauts who lived through it in our spring exhibit Apollo: When We Went to the Moon open Feb. 22 - May 2. This limited-time exhibit explores the triumphs of human space exploration from the beginning of the heated space race to the collaborative spirit of the International Space Station, and on to the next giant leap, a return to the Moon.
Step back in time:
This interactive and immersive exhibit will take you back in time to relive the excitement and wonder of the Apollo era, when humans first set foot upon the Moon. There are activities and experiences for the whole family to enjoy as you explore the exciting history of human space exploration.
Don't miss out on your chance to see Apollo: When We Went to the Moon, at Space Center Houston only for a limited time!
Included in the exhibit:
- Relive the excitement of the Apollo era with an immersive Apollo 11 launch experience.
- See Apollo-era artifacts and media memorabilia from one of the most exciting decades in space history.
- Snap a selfie atop a lunar rover and imagine what it must have felt like to drive on the Moon.
- Explore more than 100 items and artifacts on display throughout the exhibit from the U.S. Space & Rocket Center archives.
- Learn about the cultural and political forces that fueled the Space Race and chronicled the Apollo era.
- Observe intricate satellite, spacecraft, and rocket models, including Sputnik, Shuttle-Mir, and more.
- Learn about the future of human space exploration, like the Artemis program, which aims to land the first woman and next man on the Moon.
U.S. Space & Rocket Center and Flying Fish.