Space Center U Guide
Immersing students in authentic learning opportunities tied to NASA missions, Space Center U offers a high level of STEM topics applied to real world and space related experiences. Space Center University is our ultimate educational experience.
Policies and Procedures
Space Center Houston is excited to welcome participants to Space Center University. To ensure a safe environment for our Space Center U participants and crew members, we ask all participants to review our new policies and procedures before participating.
Event capacity: The program capacity is limited to ensure social distancing can be met and sanitizing practices can be implemented.
Face coverings: All participants and staff are required to wear a face covering while at Space Center Houston. The only time face coverings can be removed is while eating. If you arrive without a face covering, one can be purchased onsite.
Meals: Lunch is provided during Space Center University Monday through Friday by Wolfgang Puck Catering. Specific dietary requests can be accommodated if provided in advance. All meals served daily with choice of Powerade or soda in the Space Center U classrooms.
- MONDAY: Baked all-natural chicken tenders with BBQ honey mustard dip, baked home fries & grapes
- TUESDAY: Simply good lasagna with mozzarella cheese, tomato basil sauce, mini Garlic bread & side of broccoli
- WEDNESDAY: All-beef hot dog with veggie sticks & yogurt ranch dip
- THURSDAY: Roasted turkey & cheddar sliders with potato chips & apple slices with strawberry cream cheese dipping sauce
- FRIDAY: Individual pepperoni pizza with fresh tomato sauce and fruit cup
Activities: Our activities have been designed to ensure a safe environment for learning.
- In order to maintain social distancing, activities will be conducted in large areas.
- Activity areas will allow for all participants to remain socially distanced.
- Participants will sit at opposite ends of a 6-foot table.
- Participants will remain at assigned tables throughout the week with controlled access to activity areas and restrooms.
Refund and reschedule policy: If you are unable to attend the event, we have provided options for you to reschedule for another date within a year of the event or receive a refund.
- Reschedules will be allowed within one year of the event for anyone unable to attend. Please notify the program coordinator if you are unable to attend.
- Refunds will be granted for anyone who submits a request in writing no later than six weeks before the event.
Frequently asked questions