Space Center Houston invites people of all ages diagnosed with conditions such as, but not limited to, autism spectrum disorder and sensory processing disorder, to explore science and space exploration in a reduced sensory environment.
Sensory Friendly Events, presented by United Airlines with support from Repsol USA, provides a sensory-supportive setting including modified lighting, music and sound effects. The number of tickets are limited for this exclusive event to allow visitors to enjoy Space Center Houston in a sensory friendly atmosphere without large crowds.
Sensory Friendly Events schedule
April 6 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. May 18 8 a.m. - 10 a.m. June 7 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Oct 19
- 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Visitors can participate in special educational activities operated by instructors who are trained to accommodate guests with sensory sensitivities. There also will be a designated quiet room.
To accommodate more families, we offer Sensory Friendly Event tickets at the special lower price of $15.95 and children three years and younger get in free.
Space Center Houston’s Zero-G Diner will be open for food purchases and can accommodate many dietary restrictions such as gluten, egg, dairy and nut allergies. Visitors with dietary restrictions may bring food into Zero-G Diner.
Frequently asked questions
- Astronaut Gallery
- Independence Plaza (shuttle carrier aircraft and shuttle replica), presented by Boeing
- Mission Mars (except for Orion simulator)
- Experiential educational activities
- Starship Gallery
- Zero-G Diner
These areas will be closed during Sensory Friendly Events:
- Exhibits with extreme volume or other sensory-challenging components
- Morphis, T-38 and Orion flight simulators
- Live shows and movies in Destiny Theater, Space Center Theater and the Mission Briefing Center
- Showtime Pictures souvenir photo experiences
Activities subject to change:
- NASA Tram Tour
- Seasonal traveling exhibit
- SpaceTrader gift shop
Get the latest news about our Sensory Friendly events and other accessibility features by subscribing to our emails below.