You and your family will navigate your own space exploration journey while engaging in science, technology and engineering related activities. Build rockets and explore robotics.
Activities cover an array of difficulty levels to excite guests ages five and older. Explore engineering design and coding as you program and operate robotic rovers.
Build your own rocket and then see how high you can launch it. Train like an astronaut, learn about spacewalks, and perform tasks and tests conducted by astronauts. Tour Starship Gallery, home to multiple flown spacecraft, astronaut training models, one-of-a-kind artifacts and more.
You and your entire family can experience a unique overnight camping experience.
Sleep in the great outdoors under the stars. Pack your tent and set up camp under a twice flown Falcon 9 rocket or in Independence Plaza, right underneath a Boeing 747, the shuttle carrier aircraft NASA 905, and our high-fidelity shuttle replica Independence.
Prefer to cozy up indoors? All you need is a sleeping bag and a pillow to complete your campsite, surrounded by some of the rarest spaceflight artifacts on Earth.
Launch your family camping trip into orbit in our Family Overnight program at Space Center Houston!
Note: Must register at least four weeks prior to the event date. All campers must be at least 5 years old.
Did you know dual-level members and above receive a 10% discount off Family Overnights? Contact the membership department at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Welcome briefing in preparation for the night’s activities in the Mission Briefing Center.
- Exciting, hands-on STEM activities.
- Overnight campsite amongst historic flown space artifacts and national treasures.
- Dinner and breakfast served at Space Center Houston.
- Second-day visit to Space Center Houston.
Jan. 8, 2022
- May 28, 2022 SOLD OUT
- Oct. 29, 2022, Galaxy Frights Overnight
Note: Must register at least two weeks prior to the event date.
Frequently asked questions
- Taco bar (ground beef and chicken fajita)
- Lettuce and pico de gallo
- Flour tortilla (three per guest)
- Sour cream and cheese
- Soda machine, water, coffee, and tea
- Scrambled eggs
- French toast sticks
- Sausage patty
- Fresh fruit
- Orange juice, apple juice, coffee, and tea
- Option #1 Private tram tour of NASA Johnson Space Center and general admission to Space Center Houston for the remainder of the day.
- Option #2 Depart for home after breakfast and receive a general admission ticket to use on another day.