All activities are directly aligned to current NASA missions and the fifth-grade science Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills. Our students use innovative robotics and technology to work through real-world problems, including:
- Programming and coding a variety of robotics platforms to simulate the challenges of space exploration.
- Using sensors to accurately predict weather conditions in order to successfully launch Estes rockets.
- Demonstrating the flow of electricity in order to produce heat, light and sound.
- Solving engineering design challenges that teach about the transfer of thermal energy.
- Identifying changes in the physical properties of solutions and mixtures through the same experiments conducted on the International Space Station.
- Analyzing satellite images to determine how land features are formed on Earth and other bodies in the solar system.