Space Center Houston’s Mars Together Global Summit, presented by United Airlines, invited students ages 13 to 17 from around the world to explore the space science, technology and global citizenship needed to travel to Mars and develop a sustainable community.
Students participated in interactive workshops and heard from NASA astronauts, scientists and engineers. All activities aimed to inspire students to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Students who attended the Summit participated in the activities below.
- Traveling to Mars (Thermal Design)
- Preparing for Mars (Water, Survival, & Packing)
- Living on Mars (Habitat Commercial)
- Exploring Mars (Rovers)
- Our Past & Future (Gallery Tour & Movie)
- Tour of NASA Johnson Space Center
Frequently asked questions
Students will be able to mingle freely during mealtimes, free time and evening activities.
Lunch is included in the price of the Summit. Students will be issued meal tickets that will allow them to select from different menu options at a counter in our Zero-G Diner.
Dinner is included in the price of the Summit and will be served to attendees. During the registration process, there will be an opportunity to state whether an attendee has food allergies or religious dietary restrictions.
• NO cut-off shorts or short shorts.
• NO tank tops, spaghetti straps, or strapless tops.
• NO ripped jeans or pants worn below the hips (sagged).
• NO T-shirts with offensive language or symbols.
• NO open-toed shoes.