Space Center Houston offers immersive learning experiences to all FIRST teams from FIRSTLEGO League Jr. to FIRST Robotics Competition. FIRST Coaches, students and parents have the opportunity to network, engage in team building activities and interactive learning, compete in mini challenges with various robotic platforms, explore artifacts that have furthered space exploration and celebrate their hard work during the robotic season.
FIRST Robotics Celebration events include
- Buffet dinner served at Space Center Houston
- Welcome briefing in preparation for the night’s activities in the Mission Briefing Center
- Tours of historic flown spacecraft and national treasures
- Teambuilding, music, rocket launches, guest speakers and STEM activities throughout the evening
- Second-day general admission ticket to Space Center Houston, which includes private tram tour of NASA Johnson Space Center *NASA Tram Tour requires use of second-day ticket
- Guest speakers including a NASA astronaut and NASA engineer
Hear retired astronaut Anna Fisher give the keynote speech April 16 and April 19. Fisher is one of NASA's first female astronauts.
Registration and pricing
Join us for the FIRST Robotics Celebration April 16 and April 19, 2019. School name, team names and team numbers must be included at the time of registration. Registration is $59.95 per participant.
- 5 p.m. Check in at Space Center Houston entrance
- 5:45 p.m. Buffet dinner in Zero-G Diner
- 6:30 p.m. Welcome show in Mission Briefing Center
- 6:45-7:15 p.m. Engineering speaker
- 7:15-7:45 p.m. Astronaut speaker
- 8-10:45 p.m. Activities throughout the Space Center Houston
- 10 p.m. Rocket launches in front of Space Center Houston *Rocket launch subject to change due to weather
- 11 p.m. Evening concludes
- 8:45 a.m. Return to Space Center Houston
- 9 a.m. Private guided tram tour of NASA Johnson Space Center
- 10:30 a.m. Return to explore Space Center Houston
- Keep second-day ticket to use at a later date.