FIRST LEGO League Camp-In
Space Center Houston provides opportunities for students to engage in interactive and hands-on learning while making connections to the wonders of space exploration. Space Center Houston is offering a unique opportunity for FIRST® LEGO® League coaches, students and parents to camp next to artifacts that have furthered human space exploration while providing the time and space to work on this year’s challenge.
FIRST LEGO League (FLL) teams that register will have a designated space to build and program for the Robot Game and also have opportunities to work on their team Project all while demonstrating Core Values.
FIRST LEGO League Camp-Ins include
- Buffet dinner served in Zero-G Diner
- Each FLL team will receive their own designated “Mission Control” section in Space Center Houston. Each “Mission Control” will include a power outlet and table to work on
- Each FLL team will have a designated time to use one of our conference rooms to work on their team project
- Overnight campsite among historic flown space artifacts and national treasures for males and females
- Snack and coffee station will have extended hours in the Zero-G Diner
- Buffet breakfast served the next morning
- Second day general admission ticket to Space Center Houston, which includes private tram tour of NASA Johnson Space Center *NASA Tram Tour requires use of second-day ticket
- Special guest speakers including a NASA astronaut and engineer
Registration and pricing
Join us for Camp-Ins on Oct. 5, 2019, Nov. 2, 2019, Sept. 12, 2020 and Nov. 7, 2020. School name, team names and team numbers must be included at the time of registration.
- $59.95 per participant
- $59.95 per adult or chaperone
- 5 p.m. – 5:45 p.m. Check-in at Space Center Houston entrance – Includes setting up team areas with playing fields, robots, computers, luggage, etc.
- 5:45 p.m. – Dinner in Zero-G Diner
- 6:30 p.m. Welcome show in the Mission Briefing Center
- 6:45-7:15 p.m. Engineer presentation
- 7:15 -7:45 p.m. Astronaut Presentation
- 7:45 p.m. Teams can start working on their robots or projects
- 9:15 p.m. – 6:15 a.m. – Participants will have the option to sleep at any time in their assigned sleep area, or they have the option to stay up as late as they want to work on their projects.
*Times are subject to change
- 6:50 a.m. Wake-up / pack-up / load gear in vehicles
- 7:30 a.m. Buffet breakfast served in Zero-G Diner
- 8:15 a.m. Large-screen film “Destination Station” in Space Center Theater
- 9 a.m. Two Options
- Tram tour of NASA Johnson Space Center, which requires use of second-day ticket
- Returning at 10:30 a.m. to explore Space Center Houston
- Shopping time in SpaceTrader gift shop
- Depart for home
- Allows for use of second-day ticket on another day
*Length of tram tour and the locations visited vary depending on the season.
What to bring
- Each FLL team must bring their own playing field. This can be just the mat or a team may bring their own playing field tables if they can be easily brought in and out Space Center Houston. Playing fields will NOT be provided by Space Center Houston.
- Each team Mission Control area will have an electrical outlet, but it is recommended that teams bring their own power strips for additional outlets. Space Center Houston will not provide additional power strips to teams.
- Each team will need to bring their own robots, power cords, USB connector cords and computers. Space Center Houston will not provide these items.
- Any additional items needed for the robot build, programming or project presentations.
- Sleeping bag, pillow, change of clothes, basic toiletries. No showers are available.