You and your family will navigate your own space exploration journey while engaging in science, technology and engineering related activities. Build rockets, explore robotics and train for spaceflight in our Family Campouts.
Activities cover an array of difficulty levels to excite guests ages five and older. Solve a mystery by discovering what happened to a future lunar colony, unlock clues in our one-of-a-kind escape room inside the shuttle carrier aircraft. Explore robotics where you can program and operate multiple rovers.
Galaxy Lights Overnight
Start a new tradition and join us for the first Galaxy Lights Overnight Dec. 7. Explore STEM concepts through engaging activities and experience Houston's most interactive and technologically advanced light display Galaxy Lights, presented by Reliant. Click here to learn more about Galaxy Lights.
Build your own rocket and then see how high you can launch it. Train like an astronaut, learn about spacewalks, and perform tasks and tests conducted by astronauts. Tour Starship Gallery, home to multiple flown spacecraft, astronaut training models, one-of-a-kind artifacts and more.
You and your entire family can choose from two unique overnight camping experiences.
Prefer to sleep in the great outdoors under the stars? Pack your tent and set up camp in Independence Plaza, right underneath a Boeing 747, the shuttle carrier aircraft NASA 905, and our high-fidelity shuttle replica Independence.
Prefer to cozy up indoors? All you need is a sleeping bag and a pillow to complete your campsite, surrounded by some of the rarest spaceflight artifacts on Earth.
Please note that all campers must be at least 5 years old.
Launch your family camping trip into orbit in our Family Campout program at Space Center Houston!
- Buffet dinner served at Space Center Houston.
- Welcome briefing in preparation for the night’s activities in the Mission Briefing Center.
- Exciting, hands-on STEM activities.
- Overnight campsite amongst historic flown space artifacts and national treasures.
- Buffet breakfast served at Space Center Houston.
- Second-day visit to Space Center Houston.
Outside campsites are 10-by-10 feet. Check in begins at 4:30 p.m.
Family Campout forms
Frequently asked questions
- Taco bar (ground beef and chicken fajita)
- Lettuce and pico de gallo
- Flour tortilla (three per guest)
- Sour cream and cheese
- Soda machine, water, coffee, and tea
- Scrambled eggs
- French toast sticks
- Sausage patty
- Fresh fruit
- Orange juice, apple juice, coffee, and tea
- Option #1 Private tram tour of NASA Johnson Space Center and general admission to Space Center Houston for the remainder of the day.
- Option #2 Depart for home after breakfast and receive a general admission ticket to use on another day.