You and your family will navigate your own space exploration journey while engaging in science, technology and engineering related activities. Build model rockets, explore robotics and train for spaceflight in our Family Campouts.
Activities cover an array of difficulty levels to excite visitors of all ages. Explore robotics in our Robotics Challenge Arena where you can build a robotic hand, program and operate a rover and more.
Build your own rocket and then see how high you can launch it. Train like an astronaut and learn about spacewalks, the speed of light and crew assembly. Tour Starship Gallery, home to multiple flown spacecraft, astronaut training models, one-of-a-kind artifacts and more.
You and your entire family can choose from two unique overnight camping experiences.
Prefer to sleep in the great outdoors under the stars? Pack your tent and set up camp in Independence Plaza, right underneath a Boeing 747, the shuttle carrier aircraft NASA 905, and our high-fidelity shuttle replica Independence.
Prefer to cozy up indoors? All you need is a sleeping bag and a pillow to complete your campsite, surrounded by some of the rarest spaceflight artifacts on Earth.
Please note that all campers must be at least 5 years old.
Launch your family camping trip into orbit in our Family Campout program at Space Center Houston!
- Buffet dinner served at Space Center Houston.
- Welcome briefing in preparation for the night’s activities in the Mission Briefing Center.
- Exciting, hands-on STEM activities.
- Overnight campsite amongst historic flown space artifacts and national treasures.
- Buffet breakfast served at Space Center Houston.
- Second-day visit to Space Center Houston.
Outside campsites are 10-by-10 feet. Check in begins at 4:30 p.m.
- Jan. 12
- March 9
- April 13
- June 21
- Aug. 31
- Oct. 26
- $69.95 per person
- $15 per T-shirt (optional)
- $7 per program patch (optional)