Register now for an amazing educational camp experience designed for young science and space explorers! In addition to engaging educational activities, campers tour inspiring Space Center Houston exhibits including Mission Mars, Independence Plaza and our seasonal plaza exhibits. Campers also watch live presentations and films and go behind the scenes at NASA Johnson Space Center.
Explorer Camps for ages 4-5
March 9-13 | $289.95
Learn how to design, build, and program robots in our weeklong Beginner Bots mission. Get creative with problem-solving techniques and coding skills by using a variety of robots and technology to overcome space-related challenges.
Explorer Camps for ages 6-7
March 9-13 | $289.95
This five-day robotic camp is designed to introduce circuitry and the world of robotics. Experience a multitude of robotic platforms to master basic coding challenges tied to space exploration. Design unique robots to overcome challenges during the mission through the application of coding and teamwork!
Explorer Camps for ages 8-9
March 9-13 | $289.95
Experience a wide variety of cutting-edge robotics platforms all in this five-day camp. Through project-based robotic challenges, apply skills in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics to code solutions to simulate complications that arise in space exploration. Gain confidence and learn to successfully code and program through these engaging robotic challenges.
Explorer Camps for ages 10-11
Robotics and Beyond
March 9-13 | $289.95
Identify the problem, work with a team to find a solution, implement the code, and complete the mission! During this weeklong robotics camp, engage with a variety of robotics platforms to solve space exploration themed challenges. Develop confidence in your coding abilities as you learn how to program various robotics for the success of the mission. The experience leaves you feeling confident, inspired, and ready to solve the problems of the future!
General camp information
- Wait lists are available for sold-out camps. Contact our Reservations Department at +1 281-283-4755 or firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist.
- Check-in is 8:15-8:30 a.m.
- Checkout is 3-3:15 p.m.
- Before-care is available 7-8:15 a.m., cost is $15 per day.
- After-care is available 3:30-6 p.m., cost is $15 per day.
- Please schedule and purchase before- and/or after-care 48 hours prior to the date needed.
- Campers may bring their own lunches or make an advance purchase of a camp meal plan.
- All meals include an entree, choice of Lays® potato chips, Cheetos® or Doritos®, choice of water, small Powerade® or milk and choice of small yogurt, apple sauce or fruit cup.
- Day 1: Hot dog
- Day 2: Cheese pizza
- Day 3: Hamburger
- Day 4: Chicken tenders
- Day 5: Grilled cheese sandwich
- The spring camp meal plan costs $45 for the week.
- Meal plans must be purchased two business days prior to first day of camp.
- Camp shirts and patches
- Campers will be provided with one camp T-shirt during camp check-in.
- Campers will be required to wear the camp T-shirt daily.
- Extra camp T-shirts may be purchased for $15 during camp check-in.
- Commemorative camp patches are available for $7 and can be purchased during camp check-in.
- The medical information and image release forms MUST be received five business days prior to the first day of camp.
- Camp registrants will receive an email to electronically sign the forms prior to the camp. If you do not receive the electronic forms, please contact our day camp educators at email@example.com.
- Cancellations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and received no later than 14 business days before the first day of camp in order to receive a full refund. Cancellations made after the 14-business-day deadline will not be refunded. If Space Center Houston cancels a camp, a full refund will be issued to all registrants.
Frequently asked questions
• After-care is available starting at 3:15 p.m., for a charge of $15, and operates until 6 p.m.
• Please register for pre-care two (2) business days prior to the date needed.
• Campers must be picked up by 3:15 p.m. to avoid the $15 after-care charge.
• Please register for before-care or after-care if you are not able to drop or pick-up your child during normal camp hours.
• Additional camp T-shirts can be purchased at check-in for $15.
• Closed-toed shoes should be worn to camp each day.
• Parents will need to sign-in their camper(s) at their designated camp table.
• Parents will be given a hanging car tag with their child’s name. This tag is to be placed on the rearview mirror at check-out. You will keep this card for check-out for the entire week.
• Camp T-shirt will be given at check-in.
• Campers will be escorted by camp staff to the theater where they will begin their camp experience.
• Once a parent indicates that their child has a disability, impairment, or condition, a representative from the Space Center Houston education staff will contact the parent to discuss reasonable accommodations for the child.
• Check the seasonal day camp Parent Guides above to find out meal plan prices. Meal-plans must be purchased two (2) business days prior to the first day of camp.
• Meal plans come with a main dish, a choice of chips, dessert, and drink. Check the seasonal day camp Parent Guides above to find the meal plan menu.
• No glass containers are allowed.
• There is NOT a microwave available to campers.
• Campers with food allergies will be required to sit at a special table to avoid food contamination.
• If you have not picked up your camper by 3:15 p.m. you may be charged $15 for after-care.
• When coming to pick-up your child from camp, the parking fee is waived. Please inform the toll-booth attendant that you are picking up a camper.
• Look for day camp pick-up signs to guide you to the checkout area.
• In the event of early pick-up, please go to Guest Services, located inside Space Center Houston. You must show your ID in order to pick up a camper early.
Contact Reservations at +1 281-283-4755 or email@example.com for more information.
Receive a 10 percent discount by becoming a Space Center Houston Member today.