Space Center Houston is owned and operated by the nonprofit Manned Space Flight Education Foundation with an extensive education program, a museum of space artifacts and exhibits, space attractions and your gateway to tour NASA Johnson Space Center. Be inspired by the wonders of space exploration and go behind the scenes of America’s exciting space program. Maximize your stay by checking out these timesaving and helpful tips.
How do you make the most of your trip?
Space Center Houston was called the “the big draw” by USA Today. The visitor center hosts guests from around the world with peak attendance on weekends, holidays and in the summer. It is highly recommended that guests arrive as early as possible if planning a visit during these times. Guests are advised to wear comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing as some experiences take place outdoors over extended periods of time.
- Space Center Houston attendance is seasonal and increases during weekends, holidays and summer.
- Avoid wait times by arriving early. All attractions, including the NASA Tram Tour, are available when the doors open. NASA tours fill up fast and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Hours of operation are subject to change without notice due to unforeseen events or circumstances. During busy times, we extend our hours earlier and later to accommodate our visitors. Operations Calendar.
- If you have a limited amount of time, see our crew members’ recommended itineraries.
- Buy discounted tickets online and skip the ticket booth lines. Bring your print-at-home ticket directly to the turnstile and let the adventure begin!
- Avoid tram tour wait lines by getting a free timed ticket on our website before your visit. Tickets must be either printed prior to arrival or presented on your mobile device to the Crew Member at the tram tour loading area. You also can get a ticket once you arrive at our center by going to the timed ticket stations at the Membership Desk or visit our website at spacecenter.org/timed-tickets and reserve a tour time through your mobile device. Questions? Visit the timed ticketing frequently asked questions page.
- The NASA Tram tour is an open-air tram. Be sure to monitor weather conditions and dress appropriately.
- Wear athletic shoes. There is a lot to explore in our 183,000-square-foot facility and some walking is required on the NASA Tram Tour.
- Bring a small backpack or bag. It can seem impossible to lug around your souvenirs and stuff all day.
- Parking at Space Center Houston is $6. Cash and credit cards are accepted at the toll plaza.
- For your safety and the safety of others, all bags must be screened by security officers prior to entering Space Center Houston.
- Large diaper bags are permitted, but may be subject to inspection.
- Charge your camera and bring an extra set of batteries. We welcome photography at Space Center Houston but not inside our theaters. Crew members will point out photo restrictions on the NASA tours. If you are news media, please visit our news page.
- Space Center is fully compliant with the American with Disabilities Act. Please visit the information desk at our front entrance if a member of your group needs special assistance.
What should not be brought into Space Center Houston.
- Weapons, including but not limited to guns and other firearms, stun guns, explosives, pepper spray and chemical irritants and pocket knives or pen knives with blades longer than 4 inches or have locking blades are not permitted in the facility. Any item that is in violation of state or federal statues in not permitted.
- “Luggage,” such as oversize backpacks, large duffel bags and suitcases, cannot be brought into the facility. Lockers are available for rent with rates ranging from $3 to $21 depending on luggage size.
- Alcoholic beverages, large quantities of food and coolers are not permitted inside the facility. Exceptions can be made for meals necessitated by dietary or medical needs. Guests are welcome to use the outdoor picnic facility near the front entrance.
- With the exception of trained service animals, pets are not permitted at Space Center Houston.
- Our Zero-G Diner has everything from fresh salads and Chicago-Style hot dogs to deli sandwiches and a full service Starbucks.
- Guests are permitted to bring light snacks and bottled beverages.
- Alcoholic beverages, large quantities of food and coolers are not permitted inside the facility. Exceptions can be made for meals necessitated by dietary or medical needs.
- Guests are welcome to use the outdoor picnic facility near the front entrance.
- Be sure to have your hand stamped so you can be readmitted to the center after lunch!
Before you visit
Space Center Houston offers all of its attractions for just one price. Discounts are also available for groups of 15 or more, active U.S. military and senior citizens. Become a member today and save money with free return trips all year long and enjoy extra benefits.
If you plan to visit other Houston attractions, purchase a CityPASS and save 50 percent off admission to Space Center Houston and four more top Houston attractions: 1) Downtown Aquarium, 2) Houston Museum of Natural Science, 3) Houston Zoo OR Museum of Fine Arts and 4) Houston Children’s Museum OR Kemah Boardwalk All-Day Ride Pass. You’ll skip most ticket lines, too. The CityPASS pocket sized booklet of admission tickets is valid for nine days beginning the first day of booklet use.
Learn more and purchase booklets or printable vouchers at CityPASS.com or at a Space Center Houston ticket booth for the same low price of $51 (value $101) for adults and $41 (value $76) for children (ages 3 years to 11 years).
Follow us on Facebook and subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest online discount codes. Save time by buying tickets online and skipping the ticket booth lines. Simply bring your print-at-home ticket directly to the turnstile and let the adventure begin.
Senior citizen discounts
Senior citizens older than 65 years may purchase tickets online or at the ticket booth for $2 off.
Group discounts – best value
Groups of 15 or more who make reservations (not valid at the ticket booth) may purchase at $10.95 per ticket if reservations are pre-paid and made at least one week in advance, or$12.95 per ticket if reserved at least 24 hours in advance. Get one (1) FREE ticket for each fifteen (15) tickets purchased. Children younger than 4 are FREE. Get more information on group pricing by calling our Reservations Department at 281-283-4755 during normal business hours.
The new Astronaut Audio Tour will help guide you through Space Center Houston. As you explore flown spacecraft and exhibits, listen to NASA legends like Gene Cernan the last man on the Moon and the first female shuttle pilot Eileen Collins and more. This tour provides insight from real space pioneers who made the dream a reality.
Audio tours for both adults and children are available.
Available in English and Spanish
|GUEST AGE||ONLINE||DOOR PRICE||MEMBERSHIP|
UP TO 4 PEOPLE
Crew Members’ recommended itineraries
Short on time? Here are some recommended itineraries for the not-to-be-missed attractions at Space Center Houston. Visit with our crewmembers for further recommendations based on your interests.
1-3 Hours: Starship Gallery, Shuttle Mock-up, Astronaut Gallery, and seasonal exhibit.
3-4 Hours: Starship Gallery, a Tram Tour, Living in Space, Astronaut Gallery, and seasonal exhibit.
4-5 Hours: Starship Gallery, a Tram Tour, Living in Space, Blast-Off!, Astronaut Gallery, and seasonal exhibit.
All Day: Starship Gallery, a Tram Tour, Living in Space, Blast-Off!, Shuttle Mock-up, Astronaut Gallery, a movie in our large screen theater, and seasonal exhibit.