Space Center Houston offers a variety of age-appropriate, educational camp experiences four times each year, during spring break, summer, fall holidays and winter holidays. Your child will engage in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) activities, while learning about space exploration. Campers will participate in innovative robotics challenges, take part in space-themed interactive experiences and explore all that Space Center Houston has to offer!
Registration is now open. Follow the links below to see pricing and register for age-specific camps or contact our Reservations Department at +1 281-283-4755 for assistance.
Spring day camps
General camp information
- Wait lists are available for sold-out camps. Contact our Reservations Department at +1 281-283-4755 or firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist.
- Check-in is 8:15-8:30 a.m.
- Checkout is 3-3:15 p.m.
- Before-care is available 7-8:15 a.m., cost is $15 per day.
- After-care is available 3:15-6 p.m., cost is $15 per day.
- Please schedule and purchase before- and/or after-care 48 hours prior to the date needed.
- For more information, download our Policies and Procedures (pdf) and winter day camp Parent Guide (pdf) or spring day camp Parent Guide (pdf).
Winter camp menu:
- Tuesday: Hot dog
- Wednesday: Cheese pizza
- Thursday: Chicken tenders
- Friday: Hamburger
Spring camp menu:
- Monday: Hot dog
- Tuesday: Cheese pizza
- Wednesday: Chicken tenders
- Thursday: Hamburger
- Friday: Grilled cheese sandwich
All meals will include the following:
- Chips: choice of Lays® potato chips, Cheetos® or Doritos®
- Beverage: choice of water, small Powerade® or milk
- Snack: small yogurt, apple sauce or fruit cup
- Tour of Independence Plaza to include historic shuttle carrier aircraft NASA 905.
- Space Center Houston shows, exhibits, films and theaters.
- Plaza exhibit – Destination Moon: The Apollo 11 Mission
- Behind the scenes tram tours of NASA Johnson Space Center.
- Campers will be provided with one camp T-shirt during camp check-in.
- Campers will be required to wear the camp T-shirt daily.
- Additional camp T-shirts may be purchased for $15 during camp check-in.
- Commemorative camp patches are available for $7 and can be purchased during camp check-in.
The medical information and image release forms MUST be received five business days prior to the first day of camp. Camp registrants will receive an email to electronically sign the forms prior to the camp. If you do not receive the electronic forms, please contact our day camp educators at email@example.com.
Cancellations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and received no later than 14 business days before the first day of camp in order to receive a full refund. Cancellations made after the 14-business-day deadline will not be refunded. If Space Center Houston cancels a camp, a full refund will be issued to all registrants.
Frequently asked questions
• After-care is available starting at 3:15 p.m., for a charge of $15, and operates until 6 p.m.
• Please register for pre-care two (2) business days prior to the date needed.
• Campers must be picked up by 3:15 p.m. to avoid the $15 after-care charge.
• Please register for before-care or after-care if you are not able to drop or pick-up your child during normal camp hours.
• Additional camp T-shirts can be purchased at check-in for $15.
• Closed-toed shoes should be worn to camp each day.
• Parents will need to sign-in their camper(s) at their designated camp table.
• Parents will be given a hanging car tag with their child’s name. This tag is to be placed on the rearview mirror at check-out. You will keep this card for check-out for the entire week.
• Camp T-shirt will be given at check-in.
• Campers will be escorted by camp staff to the theater where they will begin their camp experience.
• Once a parent indicates that their child has a disability, impairment, or condition, a representative from the Space Center Houston education staff will contact the parent to discuss reasonable accommodations for the child.
• Check the seasonal day camp Parent Guides above to find out meal plan prices. Meal-plans must be purchased two (2) business days prior to the first day of camp.
• Meal plans come with a main dish, a choice of chips, dessert, and drink. Check the seasonal day camp Parent Guides above to find the meal plan menu.
• No glass containers are allowed.
• There is NOT a microwave available to campers.
• Campers with food allergies will be required to sit at a special table to avoid food contamination.
• If you have not picked up your camper by 3:15 p.m. you may be charged $15 for after-care.
• When coming to pick-up your child from camp, the parking fee is waived. Please inform the toll-booth attendant that you are picking up a camper.
• Look for day camp pick-up signs to guide you to the checkout area.
• In the event of early pick-up, please go to Guest Services, located inside Space Center Houston. You must show your ID in order to pick up a camper early.